Cisco 642-901 Exam - TopITexams.com
Free 642-901 Sample Questions:
1. Which command should you issue first to configure EIGRP for IP?
A. ip eigrp routing
B. router eigrp processid
C. ip eigrp autonomoussystemnumber
D. router eigrp autonomoussystemnumber
2. Which two statements about 6to4 tunneling are accurate? (Choose two.)
A. Prepending a reserved IPv6 code to the hexadecimal representation of 192.168.0.1 facilitates 6to4 tunneling.
B. Each 6to4 site receives a /48 prefix in a 6to4 tunnel.
C. 2002::/48 is the address range specifically assigned to 6to4.
D. Prepending 0x2002 with the IPv4 address creates an IPv6 address that is used in 6to4 tunneling.
E. 6to4 is a manual tunnel method.
Answer: B, D
3. Which statement is true about the implementation of IPv6 in an already existing IPv4 network?
A. IPv6 can be routed using the same routing protocol versions as IPv4
B. A router routing for IPv6 and IPv4 must convert IPv4 packets to IPv6 packets to route them.
C. IPv4 and IPv6 networks can be routed simultaneously.
D. Only OSPF version 3 can be utilized for routing IPv4 and IPv6.
4. What happens when an IPv6 enabled router running 6to4 must send a packet to a remote destination and the next hop is the address of 2002::/16?
A. The packet is tagged with an IPv6 header and the IPv6 prefix is included.
B. The IPv6 packet is encapsulated in an IPv4 packet using an IPv4 protocol type of 41.
C. The IPv6 packet has its header removed and replaced with an IPv4 header.
D. The IPv6 packet is dropped because that destination is unable to route IPv6 packets.
5. Which three IP multicast group concepts are true? (Choose three.)
A. If a packet is sent to a multicast group address, all members of the multicast group will receive it.
B. If a packet is sent to a multicast group address, the multicast frame contains the source multicast address.
C. A router does not have to be a member of a multicast group to receive multicast data.
D. A router does not have to be a member of a multicast group to send to the group.
E. A router must be a member of a multicast group to receive multicast data.
F. A router must be a member of a multicast group to send to the group.
Answer: A, D, E
6. Which three statements are correct about the differences in ISIS and OSPF? (Choose three.)
A. ISIS LSP contains TLV fields and OSPF LSU contains the LSAs.
B. New additions to the protocol are easily implemented in OSPF but not with ISIS.
C. For greater fine tuning there are more ISIS timers.
D. OSPF has more area types than does ISIS. E. ISIS is more CPUintensive than is OSPF.
Answer: A, C, D
7. How is the designated querier elected in IGMPv2?
A. The first router to appear on a subnet is designated.
B. The host that responds first to the election query is designated.
C. The router with the lowest IP address on a subnet is designated.
D. The host with the lowest MAC address on a segment is designated.
8. A router is running BGP and receives more than one route for a particular prefix. Assume all the routes for this prefix have the same attributes. Which three path features would be reasons be for the router to ignore some of the routes and not consider them as candidates for the best path? (Choose three.)
A. paths that are marked as synchronized in the show ip bgp output
B. paths that are marked as not synchronized in the show ip bgp output
C. paths for which the NEXT_HOP is accessible
D. paths for which the NEXT_HOP is inaccessible
E. paths from an external BGP (eBGP) neighbor if the local autonomous system (AS) appears in the AS_PATH
F. paths from an internal BGP (iBGP) neighbor if the local autonomous system (AS) appears in the AS_PATH
Answer: B, D, E
9. Which two reductions are the correct reductions of the IPv6 address
2001:0d02:0000:0000:0014:0000:0000:0095? (Choose two.)
Answer: D, E
10. If no metric is specified for the routes being redistributed into ISIS, what metric value is assigned to the routes?
11. An administrator types in the command router ospf 1 and receives the error message: "OSPF process 1 cannot start." (Output is omitted.) What should be done to correctly set up OSPF?
A. Ensure that an interface has been configured with an IP address.
B. Ensure that an interface has been configured with an IP address and is up.
C. Ensure that IP classless is enabled.
D. Ensure that the interfaces can ping their directly connected neighbors.
12. Which three characteristics apply to ISIS but not to OSPF? (Choose three.)
A. encapsulates PDUs directly into a datalink frame
B. uses a DIS and a backup DIS to present the psuedonode on the LAN C. uses stubby areas to improve network scalability
D. uses a default IOS metric of 10 on each interface
E. runs PRC (Partial Route Calculations) to calculate IP reachability information
F. uses an ondemand circuit to reduce the hello and LSA flooding across switched WAN links, such as ISDN
Answer: A, D, E
13. Which three statements about the EIGRP routing protocol are true? (Choose three.)
A. EIGRP sends periodic hello packets to the multicast IP address 126.96.36.199.
B. EIGRP sends periodic hello packets to the multicast IP address 188.8.131.52.
C. EIGRP supports five generic packet types, including hello, update, query, reply, and ACK packets.
D. EIGRP supports five generic packet types, including hello, database description (DBD), linkstate request (LSR), linkstate update (LSU), and LSAck.
E. EIGRP will form a neighbor relationship with another peer even when their K values are mismatched.
F. EIGRP will not form a neighbor relationship with another peer when their K values are mismatched.
Answer: B, C, F
14. What is the IPv6 address FF02::2 used for?
A. all hosts in a local segment
B. all routers in a local segment
C. all hosts in a particular multicast group
D. all routers in an autonomous system
15. Which two statements are true about the rendezvous point (RP) in a multicast network? (Choose two.)
A. An RP is required only in networks running Protocol Independent Multicast dense mode (PIM DM).
B. An RP is required only in networks running Protocol Independent Multicast sparse mode (PIM SM).
C. An RP is required only in networks running Protocol Independent Multicast sparsedense mode (PIMSDM).
D. The multicast sources must register with the RP to form the multicast distribution tree.
E. The multicast receivers must register with the RP to form the multicast distribution tree.
F. To form the multicast distribution tree, the multicast sources register with and the receivers join the RP.
Answer: B, F
16. Which command will display EIGRP packets sent and received, as well as statistics on hello packets, updates, queries, replies, and acknowledgments?
A. debug eigrp packets
B. show ip eigrp traffic
C. debug ip eigrp
D. show ip eigrp interfaces
17. Which three IP multicast address related statements are true? (Choose three.)
A. Multicast addresses 184.108.40.206 through 220.127.116.11 are always forwarded because they are transmitted with Time to Live (TTL) greater than 1.
B. Multicast addresses 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 are source multicast addresses for OSPF routers.
C. Multicast addresses 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 are reserved linklocal addresses used by PIMv2 and IGMPv3.
D. Because they would map to overlapping IP multicast MAC addresses, multicast addresses 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 could not be used together.
E. Multicast address 18.104.22.168 has been reserved for the Network Time Protocol (NTP) by the IANA.
F. The administratively scoped multicast addresses 22.214.171.124 through 126.96.36.199 are similar in purpose to RFC 1918 private unicast addresses.
Answer: C, E, F
18. How is authentication handled with OSPFv3?
A. OSPFv3 for IPv6 authentication is supported by SHA1 authentication.
B. OSPFv3 for IPv6 authentication is supported by MD5 authentication.
C. OSPFv3 for IPv6 authentication is supported by IPv6 IPsec.
D. OSPFv3 for IPv6 authentication is supported by IPv4 IPsec.