CompTIA N10-004 Exam - TopITexams.com
Free N10-004 Sample Questions:
1. In the OSI model, which of the following layers would be the cause of a session timeout
2. Which of the following network hardware allows the MOST network traffic collisions?
3. Which of the following does a star ring topology use for data transfer?
4. On a Windows network, users are reporting that they cannot access any network resources. The users
can ping the IP address and connect to the network resource using the IP address. Which of the following
is the cause of the problem?
A.The file server is offline.
B.The DNS server is not resolving correctly.
C.The DHCP server is not assigning correct IP addresses.
D.The domain controller is not responding.
5. Which of the following is a valid IP address in the public addressing scheme?
6. A computer configured to use DHCP cannot locate a DHCP server. Automatic Private IP Address
(APIPA) will assign which of the following addresses?
7. A user reports that when the phone rings in their house the wireless on their laptops becomes
disconnected. Which of the following BEST describes the issue?
A.The cordless phones are plugged into same outlet as the router
B.The cordless phones are 5.8Ghz which interferes with wireless
C.The cordless phones are 2.4Ghz which interferes with wireless
D.The cordless phones are plugged into the RJ11
8. For an enterprise to use one of the reserved private IP address ranges, as best practice they should
A.their legal department.
D.their IT department.
9. Which of the following utilities will produce the results printed below?
Tracing route to 172.30.0.78 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 <1 ms <1 ms172.30.0.78
10. A network technician is installing a small wireless network. A requirement is that individual users must
authenticate using usernames and passwords. Which of the following technologies would support users
authenticating with encrypted usernames and passwords?
11. Which of the following cables would a technician make in order to identify a physical interface
12. A second network card in a server that activates if the primary card fails is an example of which of the
following network performance optimization?
13. A user reports that the wireless network is slow and is able to see and access shared folders that are
unknown to the user. Which of the following is the cause of the problem?
A.The SSID broadcast is disabled.
B.Wireless router is improperly configured.
C.The user is connecting to the wrong SSID.
D.The wireless NIC is defective.
14. Which of the following security mitigation techniques is the MOST effective against zeroday
A.Update antivirus definitions
C.Effective security policies
D.User awareness training
15. Which of the following network protocols is used to ensure consistent time across network devices on
16. Which of the following is resistant to crosstalk?
17. A network administrator has been receiving work orders about poor voice quality crossing a branch T1.
The cause is determined to be users running high bandwidth file sharing applications across the T1
sending large packets delaying the smaller voice streams. Which of the following would improve voice
A.Configure traffic shaping to reduce the bandwidth available to the file sharing application.
B.Configure a separate VLAN for the IP phones.
C.Install a content caching proxy at the branch to reduce inbound WAN traffic.
D.Upgrade switches to provide higher bandwidth ports for workstations and IP phones.
18. Which of the following devices is used to connect a WAN to a LAN?
19. A new segment needs to be added to a network to provide access for 64 servers. Which of the
following subnets will provide the needed access and still conserve IP addresses?
20. PPTP is a combination of which of the following protocols? (Select TWO).