CompTIA SK0-002 Exam - TopITexams.com
Free SK0-002 Sample Questions:
1.Which two are functions of a proxy server? (Select TWO)
A:filters Internet requests
B:improves Internet performance
C:provides a secure Internet connection
D:resolves fully qualified domain names to IP addresses
Answer: A, B
2.After upgrading the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) protocol, the _____ can be looked up. It is a sequence of integers that uniquely identifies a path to a managed object.
A: MIB (Management Information Base)
B: OID (ObjectIDentifier)
D: community name
3.A server technician installs a new external Ultra 320 hard drive. When testing the drive by saving files to it, the technician finds the drive throughput to be less than expected. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of this problem?
A: improper ID setting
B: improper bus termination
C: mismatched SCSI-2 firmware
D: mismatched server BIOS version
E: improper controller BIOS settings
4.Which two are typically used to connect multiple SAN (Storage Area Network) locations? (Select TWO)
Answer: A, B
5.Users suddenly lose connectivity to an existing server. The server technician can ping the loopback address and the server's own IP address. However, no other device on the network can be pinged. The LAN cable is plugged in. Which of the following should the server technician check next?
A: DNS server
B: subnet mask
C: hub or switch
D: router or gateway
E: network link LEDs
6.A performance test is run on a server and the following results are obtained:
Pages / s:1502
% Disk Utilization:40%
% Network Utilization: 15%
% Processor Utilization: 85%
Based on these results, which two actions would improve server performance? (Select TWO)
A:install a faster CPU
B:add more hard disks
C:add another processor
D:install faster processor memory
Answer: A, C
7.A new SCSI adapter is being installed in a file server. The installation seems to go well. However, when the server is started, the boot process fails before the operating system can load. Which action would MOST likely enable the server to start successfully?
A: disabling the SCSI adapter's BIOS
B: upgrading the SCSI card's firmware
C: reinstalling the driver for the SCSI card
D: downloading and installing the latest driver for the SCSI adapter
8.A new server is being installed. It needs the MOST redundancy possible in the way that it connects to the network. The server is running TCP/IP protocol only. The customer has two 24-port switches connected together. Which two actions accomplish this? (Select TWO)
A:connecting one card to each switch
B:connecting both cards to one of the switches
C:installing two Fibre Channel cards in the server and configuring the cards for fibre failover
D:installing two network cards in the server and configuring the cards for adapter fault tolerance
Answer: A, D
9.Additional drives are being added to an existing low cost server. The system administrator is considering using Serial ATA drives rather than SCSI. Which four statements are reasons to use Serial ATA drives? (Select FOUR)
A:Serial ATA performs at 150 MB/sec within a disk drive array.
B:Serial ATA performs at 260 MB/sec within a disk drive array.
C:Thin point-to-point cabling prevents termination and airflow issues.
D:Serial ATA drives have a lower RPM rating than SCSI drives, but a better I/O value.
E:Point-to-point cables consist of quad braided Kevlar connectors to reduce electrical interference.
F:Serial ATA drives are priced as a replacement of Parallel ATA hence greater storage at lower prices can be achieved.
G:Multiple point-to-point connections can be aggregated onto a single controller through the use of backplanes and external enclosures.
Answer: A, C, F, G
10.During a test of the disaster recovery plan, it is discovered that some servers were restored with other servers' data. Which action is MOST likely to improve disaster recovery in the future?
A: implement a differential backup strategy
B: maintain a printed tape backup report
C: implement a media rotation scheme for offsite tapes
D: create a database that contains the backup logs stored on an incremental server
11. A new 72 GB array of new storage needs to be created on a customer Web server's existing two SCSI drives. The current disks are 18 GB each. The new disks should remain the same size.
Which RAID standard is the MOST suitable and how many disks are required?
A. RAID 5 with 4 disks
B. RAID 5 with 5 disks
C. RAID 10 with 4 disks
D. RAID 10 with 5 disks
12. A company has 150 client computers and five servers. Yesterday, three servers developed a security issue that could compromise the company.
The servers are running the first version of their software update. The operating system CD-ROM updates from the manufacturer contain different software updates.
Which action should be taken to solve the problem?
A. install all the software updates, one by one, in the correct order
B. install the next software updates because it follows the one previously installed
C. install the latest software update because it contains all previous service packs
D. run an automated update using the correct tool from the network operating system
13. Which of the following is a collection of test results that represents typical network/server performance?
B. SNMP logs
D. operating logs
14. There are important factors to be considered when replacing a UPS.
These considerations include required on-battery runtime, room for future expansion, and the _____ to determine the appropriate UPS size for a server.
A. current load
B. cost of the upgrade
C. UPS input plug type
D. type of server to be protected
15. Additional drives are being added to an existing low cost server. The system administrator is considering using Serial ATA drives rather than SCSI.
Which four are compelling reasons to use Serial ATA drives? (Choose four.)
A. Serial ATA performs at 150 MB/sec within a disk drive array.
B. Serial ATA performs at 260 MB/sec within a disk drive array.
C. Thin point-to-point cabling prevents termination and airflow issues.
D. Serial ATA drives have a lower RPM rating than SCSI drives, but a better I/O value.
E. Point-to-point cables consist of quad braided Kevlar connectors to reduce electrical interference.
F. Serial ATA drives are priced as a replacement of Parallel ATA hence greater storage at lower prices can be achieved.
G. Multiple point-to-point connections can be aggregated onto a single controller through the use of backplanes and external enclosures.
16. The manufacturer has released a new BIOS for the RAID controller in the main file server.
Which step should be taken FIRST to upgrade the RAID controller BIOS?
A. run a complete backup on the server
B. download and install the operating system patch
C. check the release notes for the new BIOS to find out what has changed
D. download the BIOS from the manufacturer's website and run the flash program
17. Which action should be taken to upgrade the SCSI configuration utility that is part of the firmware on a SCSI adapter?
A. assign static resources in the system BIOS
B. shut down and unplug the server before beginning
C. baseline system performance prior to the upgrade
D. obtain the latest firmware directly from the manufacturer
E. obtain the latest configuration utility from the operating system manufacturer
18. Which two commands are used by the SNMP manager to communicate with network devices? (Choose two.)
19. Which of the following is the MOST secure method for restricting physical access to the server room?
A. installing key pad locks
B. locking the server racks
C. installing biometric ID access locks
D. installing a monitored alarm system
E. installing security card access locks
20. A database server has an external SDLT backup drive connected to it. Both the backup drive and a hard drive are connected to the SCSI card in the server. When the server is started, the tape drive is not available, but the hard disk works properly.
Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of the problem?
A. The SCSI card is defective.
B. The tape drive is not receiving power.
C. The tape's drivers are not installed properly.
D. The SCSI card drivers are not installed properly.
21. Users of a server report having difficulty accessing a server.
Which of the following is the FIRST step in the troubleshooting process?
A. verify and reboot the server
B. verify LAN status (switch, hub, router)
C. verify network status (NIC status, cabling)
D. verify server status (power, booted, running)
22. A server NIC appears to be causing a network broadcast storm.
Which tool BEST confirms the source of the problem?
B. cable tester
C. LAN analyzer
D. Performance Monitor
23. A Novell NetWare 6 server is used for file storage.
Which command runs a shutdown without a prompt?
A. DOWN -f
B. DOWN -ns
C. RESET SERVER -ns
D. RESTART SERVER -f
E. RESTART SERVER -nt
24. When determining if a server's poor performance is a result of a bottleneck, which of the following should be considered FIRST?
A. function and role of the server
B. disk type and I/O performance
C. amount of RAM and RAM speed
D. age of the server and CPU speed
E. number of users connecting to the server
F. number of active NICs and their speeds (10/100)
25. While a server remains powered on, PCI hot plug technology is utilized for which two purposes? (Choose two.)
A. to maintain server uptime during hardware failures
B. to upgrade older generation controllers with state of the art controllers
C. to improve the connectivity of PCI hardware within a server environment
D. to replace failed or aging adapters/controllers with new adapters/controllers
26. Replacing an existing controller with a newer controller that may have different PCI resource requirements (e.g. CHs, F/W) is an example of which type of hot plug technology?
A. hot spare
B. hot upgrade
C. hot expansion
D. hot replacement
27. Which two PCI devices can achieve a maximum transfer rate of 267 Mbps? (Choose two.)
A. PCI 32-bit card at 33 MHz
B. PCI 32-bit card at 66 MHz
C. PCI 64-bit card at 33 MHz
D. PCI 64-bit card at 66 MHz
28. An older server has an EISA network adapter. The administrator notes that a PCI network adapter is available, and wants to upgrade the EISA adapter.
Which two statements are true? (Choose two.)
A. The PCI bus provides no extra benefits; there is no enhanced gain.
B. The PCI card takes less space, but does not improve the data transfer rate.
C. The PCI card processes incoming data faster, due to the faster system bus.
D. The EISA adapter needs to be de-configured in the system configuration tool.
29. The removal and insertion of PCI cards while a server is powered and running is:
A. hot docking.
B. hot swapping.
C. warm docking.
D. warm pluggable.
E. warm swapping.
30. PCI bus mastering is a:
A. CPU that controls the bus to transfer data.
B. non-CPU device that matches CPU speed to transfer data.
C. non-CPU device that controls the bus to transfer data directly.
D. CPU that communicates with other non-CPU devices directly.