CompTIA SY0-201 Exam - TopITexams.com
Free SY0-201 Sample Questions:
1. All of the following provide confidentiality protection as part of the underlying protocol EXCEPT:
2. Which of the following allows an attacker to manipulate files by using the least significant bit(s) to
secretly embed data?
3. Which of the following type of attacks would allow an attacker to capture HTTP requests and send back
a spoofed page?
D.Replay WBerlin Sans
4. How should a company test the integrity of its backup data?
A.By conducting another backup
B.By using software to recover deleted files
C.By restoring part of the backup
D.By reviewing the written proceduresWBerlin Sans
5. Which of following can BEST be used to determine the topology of a network and discover unknown
D.Network mapperWBerlin Sans
6. When should a technician perform penetration testing?
A.When the technician suspects that weak passwords exist on the network
B.When the technician is trying to guess passwords on a network
C.When the technician has permission from the owner of the network
D.When the technician is war driving and trying to gain accessWBerlin Sans
7. An administrator has implemented a new SMTP service on a server. A public IP address translates to
the internal SMTP server. The administrator notices many sessions to the server, and gets notification that
the servers public IP address is now reported in a spam realtime
block list. Which of the following is
wrong with the server?
A.SMTP open relaying is enabled.
B.It does not have a spam filter.
C.The amount of sessions needs to be limited.
D.The public IP address is incorrect.WBerlin Sans
8. Which of the following is MOST efficient for encrypting large amounts of data?
B.Symmetric key algorithms
C.Asymmetric key algorithms
D.ECC algorithmsWBerlin Sans
9. Which of the following is a reason why a company should disable the SSID broadcast of the wireless
A.Rogue access points
D.Session hijackingWBerlin Sans
10. Which of the following BEST describes ARP?
A.Discovering the IP address of a device from the MAC address
B.Discovering the IP address of a device from the DNS name
C.Discovering the MAC address of a device from the IP address
D.Discovering the DNS name of a device from the IP addressWBerlin Sans
11. Which of the following would be BEST to use to apply corporate security settings to a device?
A.A security patch
B.A security hotfix
C.An OS service pack
D.A security templateWBerlin Sans
12. A small call center business decided to install an email system to facilitate communications in the
office. As part of the upgrade the vendor offered to supply antimalware
software for a cost of $5,000 per
year. The IT manager read there was a 90% chance each year that workstations would be compromised if
not adequately protected. If workstations are compromised it will take three hours to restore services for
the 30 staff. Staff members in the call center are paid $90 per hour. If the antimalware
purchased, which of the following is the expected net savings?
13. Which of the following is the main objective of steganography?
D.Data integrityWBerlin Sans
14. Which of the following would allow for secure key exchange over an unsecured network without a
15. Which of the following improves security in a wireless system?
D.Closed networkWBerlin Sans
16. A user wants to implement secure LDAP on the network. Which of the following port numbers secure
LDAP use by default?
17. On which of the following is a security technician MOST likely to find usernames?
D.DHCP logsWBerlin Sans
18. How many keys are utilized with asymmetric cryptography?
19. During a risk assessment it is discovered that only one system administrator is assigned several tasks
critical to continuity of operations. It is recommended to cross train other system administrators to perform
these tasks and mitigate which of the following risks?
C.Disclosure of PII
D.Single point of failureWBerlin Sans
20. Which of the following network filtering devices will rely on signature updates to be effective?